Towboats like the TAURUS tugboat were a familiar sight in every American harbor and navigable tidal flat at the turn of the century. Graceful yet functional, they pulled large liners and pushed heavy barges with ease. During the 1930’s steam engines lost ground to Diesel propulsion, and by the 1960’s the steam units were all but gone. No longer used, a few steam tugs survive today as museum relics.
This is museum grade model of the Taurus tugboat for your maritime collection. Our master craftsmen handcrafted this nicely detailed model from scratch using historical photographs, drawings, and original plans. In addition, we selected finest woods and material to build this model. Also, we used the plank-on-frame construction method to build the model to look exact of the actual ship.
Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. The Taurus model sit on a solid wood base and she is ready to display or convert to Radio Control. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
- Museum Quality with highest details handcrafted by artisans
- Doors are open-able with door nobs. Window are precisely cut out with trimming outside
- Brass railing, die-cast eagle sculpture
- RC convertible including all hardware: Brass rudder, Rudder Arm, and Shaft
- Smoke stack is hollow inside and ready for smoke.
- Pre-installed LED light ( 5V), you still need to connect to your battery power source
- You can install more spot light, navigation lights, deck lights…