In 1946, she was returned to the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. In 1976, the tug was acquired by Andrie Incorporated of Muskegon, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Barbara Andrie.
Originally powered by a single, EMD diesel engine she was originally rated at 1,900 horsepower. However, the tug was later repowered with a single, EMD 16-645 EF diesel engine. Turning a single, four bladed, fixed pitch, bronze, 120(in) propeller. Via an 8(in) shaft with 93(in) pitch. For a rated 2,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 200kW AC generator sets. Driven by two, GM 8V 71 diesel engines. Her capacities are 25,000 gallons of fuel oil, 300 gallons of lube oil, 300 gallons of waste oil and 4,000 gallons of potable water.
The tug’s towing gear consists of a single drum, Almon Johnson, hydraulic towing machine. With level wind, outfitted with 2000(ft) of 2(in) of towing wire. On her bow she is outfitted with two Nabrico Electric / Hydraulic, 50 ton winches fitted with 1(in) wire rope.