- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
In the summer of 2006, just prior to the Mercury’s planned departure for an Alaska cruise, Seattle-based inspectors from the U.S. Coast Guard arrested the captain of the Mercury for intoxication. Celebrity Cruises arranged for a replacement, and fired the original captain.
During several cruises from Charleston, South Carolina to the eastern Caribbean in February 2010, the ship was struck with a major outbreak of norovirus, sickening nearly 500 people on board, out of a total of just over 1,800. According to Celebrity Cruises, those sickened were treated with over-the-counter medicine. Additionally, a doctor and two nurses joined the ship midway to assist with the outbreak.
In February 2011 Celebrity Mercury left Celebrity Cruises to be renovated by Imtech and join TUI Cruises’ fleet as Mein Schiff 2, alongside Mein Schiff 1, her sister ship, the former Celebrity Galaxy.
There are no reviews yet.