USS Indianapolis CL/CA-35 Portland-Class Cruiser
- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
The flagship of the fifth fleet, the USS Indianapolis was sunk in 1945 by a Japanese submarine while delivering parts of the for the first atomic bomb to a US air base. She sunk within 12 minutes and only 317 of the nearly 1200 crew survived.