USS Constitution Exclusive Edition
This is Museum-quality, fully assembled exclusive edition of the famous USS Constitution “Old ironside”. The model is 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Our master craftsmen have spent more than 150 hours to finish it. One bold feature that makes this model standout is the art of wood use. Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to accent each part of the model. This replicas magnificent details include metal anchors and cannons, authentic crows nest, advanced intricate rigging, rolled sails, wood inlay hull, inlay deck, an ornate stern and many more. Comes on a wood base, with metal nameplate.
The USS Constitution, a three-mast frigate, is the world’s oldest commissioned warship. Built primarily with dense southern live oak, its hull was 21 inches thick in an era when 18 inches was common. Paul Revere forged the copper spikes and bolts that held the planks in place. The 204-foot-long ship was first put to sea in 1798 and its most famous era of naval warfare was the War of 1812 against Britain, when it captured numerous merchant ships and defeated five warships, including the H.M.S. Guerriere. It was during the ferocious battle with the Guerriere that British seamen, astonished at how their cannonballs were bouncing off the Constitution’s hull, cried out, “Sir, Her sides are made from Iron!” Hence, the nickname, “Old Ironsides.” The USS Constitution today is a national landmark and is currently docked in Boston.
- This best quality model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Highly complex rigging with varied thread gauge, hundreds of blocks and deadeyes.
- Figurehead, cannons, anchors, bell, propeller and other fitting made from brass or metal
- Hand-painted to match the actual tall ship.
- Solid wood base and brass name plate included.