- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
The Disney Wonder entered service in 1999 and is the 2nd cruise ship to join the Disney fleet. She is nearly identical to her sister ship the Disney Magic except for her Art Nouveau style interior compared to the Magic’s Art Deco style. She has 11 public decks and can accommodate 2,400 passengers.
In 2016 she underwent dry dock in Spain where she was given numerous dining, entertainment, and accommodation upgrades. Her Godmother is Tinker Bell.