- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
The Disney Dream, which entered service in 2011, is owned and operated by the Disney Cruise Line. Her sister ship is the Disney Fantasy which launched in 2012 and is nearly identical structurally. The Disney Dream is the third ship in the Disney Cruise Line and currently sails three-day, four-day, and occasional five-day cruises to the Bahamas.
On the real ship, Disney Dream’s horn plays songs from Disney movies and parks, specifically: “When You Wish Upon a Star”, “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes”, “Be Our Guest”, “Yo Ho”, “Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee”, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?”, and “It’s a Small World”.