- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
The SS American Scout was one of the American States Lines C-2 style transports. These cargo ships had and overall length of 459′ and had five cargo holds. They were among the larger cargo ships of the era. The American Scout served well past World War Two before finally being beached and abandoned after a loading incident in 1969.