USS Maine ACR-1 US Navy Armored Cruiser
- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
The USS Maine is an American naval ship that sank in Havana Harbor during the Cuban revolt against Spain when it suddenly exploded without warning killing nearly three quarters of her crew. The cause of Maine’s sinking remains a subject of speculation although it is believed to be cause by external mine explosion.