USS California BB-44 Tennessee-clas
- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
The USS California was one of two battleships completed shortly after WWI and the last battleship to be built on the west coast. She was the flagship of the Pacific Fleet and was sunk during the attack on Pearl Harbor.