- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Laser cut doors and window and Hollow hull and hollow superstructure that enable you to see thru superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
SS Raffaello was an Italian ocean liner built in the early 1960s for Italian Line by the Cantieri Riuniti dell’Adriatico, Trieste. It was one of the last ships to be built primarily for liner service across the North Atlantic. In 1965, the larger and faster, ultramodern Michelangelo and Raffaello were introduced on the express route, cutting a full day off the schedule. They were splendid twin luxury superliners with six swimming pools, original artworks, opulent public rooms and private facilities in every cabin. Service was immaculate, food was flawless, wine flowed and the dance bands played on.
Built: 1965 by Cantieri Riuniti dell’Adriatico, Trieste, Italy
Gross tons: 45933 Length: 902ft (275m) Speed: 26.5kn
Width: 102ft (31m) Depth: 34ft (10m) Power: 87000 shp
Propulsion: Steam turbines twin screw
Passengers: 535 First 550 Cabin 690 Tourist
End of service: Laid up 1975; sold 1976