- Amazingly detailed replica of the 1940’s ocean liner SS America
- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
Built in 1940 and designed by the noted American naval architect William Francis Gibbs the SS America carried many names up until her wrecking in 1994. Most notably she served as a passenger ship under the designation SS America. In 1941 she carried two Nazi spies in her crew who were eventually caught by the FBI and charged with espionage.