- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
The Pyotr Velikiy (Пётр Великий) is the fourth Kirov-class battlecruiser of the Russian Navy. Initially named Yuri, the name was changed after the fall of the soviet union. The Pyotr Velikiy is the flagship of the Northern Fleet
Construction of the ship was heavily affected by the economic problems before and after the fall of the Soviet Union and it was not commissioned until 1998, twelve years after work had started. By this point it had been renamed Pyotr Velikiy, Russian for Peter the Great.