- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
The MS Deutschland is a cruise ship launched in 1998 and owned and operated by Peter Deilmann Cruises until 2015. She is decorated in the 1920s style as it could be seen in SS Columbus of Norddeutscher Lloyd. The ship carries 513 passengers and 260 crew members. She has a gross tonnage of 22,400 and has seven passenger accessible decks.
She was used during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London as a hospitality ship.