- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & metal fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship
Built by Sun Shipbuilding and Drydock Co, Chester, PA and launched prior to 1/12/ 1944, as “WAUHATCHIE” for Socony Vacuum (one of 198 built by Sun to the wartime T2-SE-A1 design), she was registered in Philadelphia and bought by Esso Petroleum Co, London, on or about 1/1/1947, and renamed “ESSO GLASGOW”.