- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
The Disney Magic is a cruise ship operated by the Disney Cruise Line and has 11 public decks, can accommodate 2,700 passengers in 875 staterooms. She is decorated in the Art Deco style unlike her sister ship the Disney Wonder which is decorated in an Art Nouveau style.
The Disney Magic has 20 bright yellow lifeboats along with the black, red and white colors to match Mickey Mouse. This deviation from standard safety orange took a waiver of international maritime rules. The ship’s horn plays an excerpt from “When You Wish Upon A Star” and her Godmother is Patricia Disney, former wife of Walt Disney’s nephew, Roy E. Disney.