- Detailed replica of the Conte Di Savoia
- The model is 100% hand built by artisans from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method
- Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to build the model
- Real brass & stainless steel fittings
- Propellers and rudders made from brass
- Laser cut doors and window. You can see thru superstructure
- Hollow hull and hollow superstructure
- Highly-detailed and multi-layered paint to match color of the real ship.
SS Conte di Savoia was an italian ocean liner built in 1932. She was originally ordered for the Lloyd Sabaudo line but after a merger she was completed for the new formed Italia line. The Italia line also controlled the Rex, a similar but larger ship that was completed just a few months prior to the Conte di Savoia. The Conte di Savoia was, however, more modern than the Rex in appearance and was the first to be fitted with gyroscopic stabilisers.
During WWII she was sunk by German forces but was raised in 1945 and then scrapped.